Friday 1 June 2012

Rodgers for Liverpool

So just when we all thought it would be Martinez...it's not. As you know, Kenny going would not have been my choice but what do I think of our new appointment? It's a gamble, no doubt about that. Firstly, I have to say I thought Swansea were an absolute joy to watch and an asset to the Premiership last season. Their football was wonderful and hardly with a crop of great players either. I think a bit of a myth is developing that positive football = good manager. That's not the case, and it's difficult to tell whether Rodgers can handle a higher expectation club because he's never managed one. Therein lies the gamble. Like Dalglish, he believes in positive play and it's encouraging that he achieved that from relatively modest players. He also seems like a man with discipline and could well be a shrewd choice. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment