Monday 16 April 2012

Andy Ruddy Carroll...

Well...what can I say. The player in the title is not my favourite as any readers will well know but two winning goals...he's still shite but at least he's done something now. I was pleased to see the back of Commolli, I couldn't help but be dubious that Kenny really wanted those over-priced, frankly not very good players and I share many English fans' concerns about the director of football role however it's termed.

Anyway 1-1 against Villa was disappointing, another typical display with domination, poor defending and missed chances. Still we got a point, but really should have won against a dismal Villa side.

Blackburn 2-3 Liverpool, regrettably I had to miss most of this thanks to work but managed to catch the end and Carroll's dramatic winner! A remarkable game by all accounts though and a gritty, hard earned win even if it was against a poor side. I've never been a Maxi fan but to give him his due he has scored his share of goals in recent times despite rarely appearing. Henderson had probably his best game so far although the competition is not fierce. And of course Carroll...

Liverpool 2-1 Everton
Well would you believe it he did it again! The miss of the century followed by a well taken goal although eclipsed by Suarez's sublime finish. Disastrous defending for the first goal of course, dear dear dear. It was a funny game and we weren't great in the first half but I thought we did very well in the second and deserved the win although Everton missed some good chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment