Wednesday 4 April 2012

Oh dear

Well things aren't exactly going all that well lately. A dominant performance against QPR and a 2-0 lead somehow turned into a ten minute capitulation resulting in a dismal 3-2 defeat. There followed an utterly wretched home performance against Wigan and a 2-1 defeat and then an arguably equally bad display at Newcastle losing 2-0. Thankfully I wasn't able to watch any of these three games but clearly things are seriously wrong. That said, I stand by this: Kenny should not go. Every team has a poor run, and don't get me wrong this has been shocking in the exteme but sacking the boss is not always the solution. The fact is we overspent vastly on squad players: Henderson, Downing , Carroll and Adam have not worked basically because they're not good enough. In fairness to Downing, I can't fault his work ethic but the other three are just dire although Adam did better earlier in the season. I was watching Milan last night and when Aquilani came on I thought why on earth did we buy Adam when he is still our player?! Hey it's not good, but I do like the way we play under Dalglish and as I've said before there's no doubting we have dominated a lot of games this season and not got the results we should have done because of a lack of goals. We badly need a competent, preferably pacey striker in the Bellamy mould but younger and able to play week in week out. We also need creativity on the wings then we can look at a leap up the table. I never thought that the aforementioned disappointing players were going to win us the title or be the solution to our problems but I would love to know whether Kenny or Commolli were the real driving force behind those transfers. Let's not sack the boss, but let's get the right players.

No comments:

Post a Comment