Friday 20 April 2012

Scholes: I stand corrected

I posted some time ago that the return of Paul Scholes was a little desperate and unlikely to be a success given he had faded some time before his retirement. Well I have been proved monumentally wrong! Scholes has been arguably the player of the season since his return and has been one of the main reasons for Man United pulling away from City in the title race (that and all the overpaid planks spitting their dummies out of course).

His ability to pick out a pass is of course beyond the comprehension of most and he seems to have been utilised very well in a slightly deeper role where he can dictate the whole shape of the game in the manner that Alonso did for Liverpool (before we annoyed him to the point where he wanted to leave so we could not sign Gareth Barry). He also seems to have refound his shooting boots after a dwindling goal record before his retirement. Maybe the guy was just in need of a rest I don't know, but even as an ardent Liverpool fan I have to admit I have enjoyed seeing him back in the league because he is quite simply, an outstanding footballer.

No comments:

Post a Comment